Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links, meaning we get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through our links, at no cost to you. Please read our disclosure for more info.
In case you’re pondering getting pregnant – or in the event that you as of now are – you likely know a portion of the essentials about dealing with yourself and the child.
The physical challenge of birthing a baby is like no other, it takes us to the deepest primal centers of our physical being. We are forced to reach into and examine our most well-developed fears, mental hang-ups, physical strengths and limitations. We are forced to overcome our inhibitions and turn into our body to work with the baby to get him/her out. Moving through the birthing process we may feel excitement, fear, anxiety, and also feelings of ecstasy and euphoria as we birth out child. Natural birth is not only designed to create this kind of extreme dichotomous experience between pain and pleasure, but also ties it all up in a hormonal cocktail of love and endearing attachment to our little ones immediately after the deed is done.
Here are more tips that can guarantee a sheltered and sound pregnancy and childbirth:
- Eat healthy and never forget breakfast
Plan to eat a solid, balanced diet at whatever point you can to maximize your chances for a healthy pregnancy. Pick wholegrain sugars as opposed to white, so you get a lot of fiber. Day by day servings of protein, for example, fish, incline meat, eggs, nuts or beats, and some milk and dairy sustenance. Fish is pressed with protein, vitamin D, minerals and omega-3 unsaturated fats. Omega-3 unsaturated fats are vital for the advancement of your infant’s sensory system. Consume ready to eat or cooked breakfast cereals with fruit. Strengthened grains have included supplements, similar to calcium.
Getting enough nourishing fluids, similar to water, is essential amid pregnancy to forestall clogging and accommodate the extending blood volume that conveys oxygen and supplements to both the mother and child. Likewise, drink nutritious refreshments, for example, lessened sodium V8, squeezed orange or nonfat milk to get your liquids.
Staying fit is an absolute necessity for most mothers to be. Standard activity will offer you some assistance with controlling your weight, support your state of mind, and offer you some assistance with sleeping better. Furthermore, getting into an exercise habit will help you with an easy delivery. Pilates, yoga, swimming, and strolling are all extraordinary exercises for most pregnant ladies, yet make certain to check with your specialist first before beginning any activity program. Go for 30 minutes of activity most days of the week.
Special prenatal exercises like squatting and Kegels help with childbirth and shorten the labor time. Yoga, massage and hypnosis are methods of relaxation and help during contractions during labor, keep the pelvis loose and open for easier descent of the baby and especially valuable are the breathing exercises to ease pain during labor. Also just as you feel the importance of a good night’s sleep for your child, you need to practice what you preach.
- No smoke, alcohol or caffeine
You have to quit smoking and not allow yourself to be exposed to second hand smoke as well. Plus alcohol is a big no as it can permanently damage your child’s brain cells. Research in the past has uncovered a conceivable connection between caffeine utilization and premature delivery, low conception weight and development hindrance.
As the delivery time approaches it gets harder for some women to carry the baby as the weight causes immense pain in their back and shoulders and they need support. Hence its recommended that towards the end women should wear maternity belts for support which would make life a bit easier for them. Always wear a seat belt whenever you get inside a car.
- Hire a doula: A doula provides continuous labor support and encouragement during childbirth and is less likely to require pain medication and other medical interventions. Making low sounds and sighs will help release tension from the body and relaxes the birthing muscles. A hot water bottle and a cold pack may alleviate discomfort and back pain.
- Stay mobile and at home for as long as possible: Movement helps with labor progress and relieves discomfort. Stay at home where you may be able to move more freely and comfortably until your contractions are a minute long and 3-5 minutes apart.
- Think positive and Stay focused: Just thinking of the fruit of your labor-‘your baby’ will help you and give strength to bear the labor pain and the process of childbirth.
- TENS: Transcutaneous electrical nerve stimulation is a tool for relieving labor pain and can be used through childbirth to reduce pain awareness by stimulating the production of endorphins.
- Hydrotherapy: If you are considering an epidural for pain relief, you may try a birth pool instead. Soaking yourself in warm water increases oxytocin production, encouraging dilation.
The process of natural birth has been designed, by God or Nature as you believe, to inextricably tie our hearts to our newborn children. We are then forever blessed to see a piece of our heart walking out free from us and exploring the world.